Feel free to see my January 2017 folder to know what I'm talking here about.
As most representative I choosed Greish Lioness, because I love her wildness contrasted with calmness. Rest are chronological in this folder.
I started year in bad mood and because of that I finally started drawing expressively breaking at last my art block. So it turned into good thing for me.
I started with cold palette, then switched to my lovely reds. I made 11 expressive drawings, then I stared to redraw my old drawing and cat from photo reference. After that I came back to expressive portraits (Greyish Lioness), and trying to depict my health problems I painted An Old Injure. Soon after I got feedback about my gallery from ProjectComment and in next drawings I experiment with tips I received. First was challenge of Sleeping Beauty theme but result was terrible, anyway I tried there sharpening edges with selection tool and I think it's very useful. Next was horizontal canvases and adding more focal points. I also tried to pay more attention to storyteling. In the same time I tried exercises of realistic lemon and result was quite good. On the end of month I joined 2 ARPGs: Tokotas and EquusBallator so I started practicing horses and created Tokota handlers described in short story.
Themes (some drawings matches more that one theme):
- trees - 4x digital painting
- eyes - 3x digital painting
- animals - 3x (1x cat photo study digital painting, 1x horse exercise from drawing book traditional tools, 1x abstract bird from memory digital painting)
- people - 13x (wide range - from realistic-like (1x), through portraits from memory (2x) to whole figure drawing (10x)
- macabre - 1x digital painting
- abstraction - 2x digital painting
- realistic exercises - 2x digital painting
- applying realistic - 1x digital painting
- landscapes - 1x digital painting
- Tokotas: 1 - 1x literature [ENG/PL]
- philosophy or call or whatever you want - 3x journal [3 ENG/2 of them PL]
Total: 27 deviations (+2 I didn't uploaded: traditional horse drawing and previous version of Qiz, because I didn't liked them) - that's very good result. That means almost one drawing daily ^___^. Yay! But... Well... because of health problems which started in December and still continues I stayed home for whole January so only constructive thing I could do was drawing or writing. I'm afraid that in normal mode I won't be able to achieve such result, but we shall see .
Aims for next month:
- more exercises like the one with Lemon
- concentration on wolves and horses
- some human anatomy sketches will be welcomed ^^'
- applying storytelling on ARPGs entries - that is good motivation I think
- working on my ink-love style to make it better without loosing emotinal quality what is not easy at all ^^'
- some literature related to ARPGs, but written in such way that people unfamiliar with these games could enjoy reading too ^__^
- some landscape exercises to prepare myself for making good ARPGs entries
- experimenting with any idea I'll find interesting ^^'
Wish me luck and being persintent (and some health would be nice too) ^__________^